After enabling the biometric scanner, when opening the POS for the first time and logging in using an employee number, you will be prompted to register your fingerprints.
- Open the POS and choose “use keypad”.
- Choose “Login”
- You will then be prompted to register your print.
- Choose “Yes”
- Choose the applicable digit this employee will use.
- After choosing the applicable digit, you will be prompted to scan the digit 4 times.
- This requires the employee to place, lift and place the same digit 4 times.
- After successfully scanning 4 times, you will be notified that the
fingerprint has been added to the database.
- Choose “OK”
If employees choose to “Cancel” the fingerprint scan utility and instead manually enter their cashier number and password for clock in/out, the Timeclock Report available via FasTrax Director will show as a “Manual” entry.