Creating a New Design
If you are creating a new design in AdPro, the easiest way to get started is with Templates.
- In the AdPro navigation menu, select Templates. A library of available options will pop out in a new menu.
(NOTE: this list only includes available templates for your current image size! Not all sizes have templates available.)
- Choose a template by double-clicking on it, or by dragging it into your workspace to the right.
- Begin editing.
Nearly all text in a template can be edited into different text. Nearly all images or shapes are separate layers to be moved, resized, deleted, or replaced.
When you begin a new Design, the default background is a white square of the appropriate size. But not all Designs will have a white background! So, we’re going out of order on the navigation menu for this next step.
- In the navigation menu, select Backgrounds. A library of color options will pop out, divided into two categories: Solids and Gradients.
- Select your desired Background. (Feel free to try out lots of options.)
As you build your design, each piece is a layer that can be individually moved, resized, or rotated as needed. FTX AdPro provides a library of such layer options.
- In the navigation menu, select Add Layers. This library has 3 categories:
Each category has number of subcategories of royalty-free images, shapes, and clip art that are free to use. Feel free to browse through them all to see what works best for your current and future Designs.
- Click-and-drag the image to the right, from the library to the design space. Repeat as necessary to build all the layers you need for your design.
(NOTE: Some of the clip art is very high resolution. Dragging it to your design may cause it to expand. Click-and-drag one of the corner circles to resize the image up or down to the size you need.)
In the same way that you added layers of images, shapes, and icons, you can also add text to your design.
- In the navigation menu, select Add Text. This will pop out a list of fonts.
- Click-and-drag the sample text font of your choice to the right, onto your design.
- Start typing to replace the highlighted characters with your own text.
- Click-and-drag the circles at the corners of the text to resize or reshape your text.
- Use the tools across the top to change the color, realign, or add effects to your text.
Your vision for your design may include images not provided by the Layer library, or logos difficult to reproduce from scratch. AdPro makes it easy to upload your own images to a library exclusive to your account.
- In the navigation menu, select Uploads. This will open a list of folders.
- Use the Add New button to create folders for similar themes or categories of images.
- Click on a folder to see the images inside. An empty folder will look like this one, to the left.
- Click-and-drag images from your computer to the light square in the folder, where it says “Drop files here to upload”. If it works, you will get a pop-up that says “Upload
Successful”, and your image will be immediately visible in the folder.
- Once your images are uploaded, you can click-and-drag any of them to the right, from their upload folder to your Design.
- Once it is on your Design, treat the image just like any other layer. You may move it, resize and reshape it, or rotate it.
(NOTE: While any layer is selected, you can find a Layer Options menu at the top left of your design space. Clicking Layer Options opens a drop down menu like the one seen here, to the right. This can move a layer in front or behind another layer, change its opacity, or apply Blend Mode color effects.)