FasTrax Hand Held ScanWedge Configuration
ScanWedge is the utility that enables the barcode reading functionality of your hand held.
- From the desktop of your hand held double-click the “My Device” icon.
- Double-click to open the “Program Files” folder.
- Double-click to open the “Power Tools” folder.
- Scroll down to find “ScanWedge”.
Using the stylus, press on the “ScanWedge” icon until a window opens giving you the option to “Copy” – choose “Copy”.
After successfully copying “ScanWedge”, close any open windows to return to the hand held desktop.
- From the hand held desktop, double-click the “My Device” icon.
Long press on an empty spot of the desktop and choose “Paste Shortcut” to create a “Scan Wedge” shortcut.
In the “Power Tools” directory, there is an icon titled “Reboot”, paste a desktop shortcut for this function as well.
- Double-click to open the “Windows” folder.
- Double-click to open the “Startup” folder.
- Using the stylus, press on a blank portion of this window until a window opens giving you the option to “Paste Shortcut” – choose “Paste Shortcut”.
After successfully copying “ScanWedge”, double-click to start the ScanWedge utility.
A barcode icon will appear on your taskbar to indicate ScanWedge is running.
- From the hand held desktop, using your stylus, touch the ScanWedge icon.
This will open a window with the option for “Settings” – choose “Settings”.
- In the top section of the “Settings” window, scroll down and choose “Symbologies”.
- Scroll down the Key section of the “Settings” window and double-click on “UPC-A”.
- Ensure the first digit listed is a value of “1”.
If this is a value other than “1”, using your stylus, simply touch after the number, press the “BKSP” button on your hand held keyboard and enter the new value.
If no change is necessary, simply choose “Cancel” to return to the previous screen.
If a value is changed, press the “X” button located in the top right hand corner of the window to apply the change.
- Repeat steps 10-13 of this section for “UPC-E0” & “UPC-E1”.
- Once these settings are confirmed, choose the “X” located in the top right hand corner of the ScanWedge section.
You will be prompted to “Save Changes”. If you have confirmed your changes, choose “Yes”
If no changes were made, simply choose “No” to ensure no changes are applied.