FasTrax Hand Held Software Setup
After plugging the Unitech Charging/Sync Cradle to a power outlet and your PC, your PC will automatically install the Windows Mobile Device Center once the hand held is placed in the cradle.
Touch Dynamic machines run a version of Windows® that will require you to download the Windows Mobile Device Center directly from Microsoft®. Click here to download this utility.
If you are viewing this in printed format, open your internet browser and navigate to –
Once the install is finished and you accept Microsoft’s terms agreement, Windows Mobile Device Center will open.
- Since this utility is only required to move FasTrax PDA software to your hand held, choose the option to “Connect without setting up your device”.
- From the next list of actions, choose “File Management”.
- This will expand to show the “Browse the contents of your device” option.
Choose this option.
- This will open a file explorer window.
Open the hand held’s Flash Storage directory.
- Once in the Flash Storage, copy and paste in the entire contents of the Unitech Installer Files folder.
Once copied, close this window.
- Navigate to the FasTraxPDA folder on the Flash Storage.
Run the Register program in that folder.
- This will give a Registration Code and prompt for a matching License Key.
Enter the License Key and tap Register.
If you do not have a License Key, contact FasTrax Support for assistance.
- Tap OK on the License File Saved box
- Close all windows so that the Desktop is visible again.
Navigate to My Device by double-clicking the icon on the desktop.
- Locate the FTLicense file.
Tap and hold on the file until a menu appears, and tap Copy.
- Navigate to the Flash Storage, and double-tap on the FasTraxPDA folder.
- Tap and hold on the white background and select Paste.
- Close this window and open the Start Menu by tapping the Windows logo in the bottom left of the screen.
Open the Boot Mode utility by tapping Programs, then Utilities, then Boot Mode.
- Tap Cold Boot to reboot the device.
The device will reboot and display a message saying the scanner port is occupied; click OK, then click OK again when asked to reboot the device.