Setting Up the New Device – Hardware and Connections
You will need:
- power cable (included)
- HDMI cable (included)
- USB mouse and keyboard
- a network connection
We recommend using an Ethernet cable for your network connection, but if that is not possible, the device is also WiFi capable.
NOTE: We also recommend installing the device in a position least visible to your customers. However, if that will make it difficult to configure the device initially, it is advised to first connect the device to an HDMI-ready monitor or television that is more easily accessible. Once configuration is complete, the device can be moved to a more permanent, hidden position.
- Plug the USB mouse and keyboard into the device.
- Connect the device to a TV or monitor with the HDMI cable.
- (Recommended) Connect the Ethernet cable to your device to connect it to the local network.
- Plug in the power adapter and connect it to the device. A small light should come on, on the side of the device opposite the connector ports.
- Change your TV or monitor to the correct HDMI input (Some TVs can detect when a device is connected and switch to the correct input.) Your television should now be displaying the FTX AdPlayer login screen.
- (If step 3 was skipped) You will need to use your mouse to configure a connection to your local wireless (WiFi) network. (See next page)