Posted in Uncategorized on Aug 05, 2021
It's officially back to school season! While the summertime heat waxes on, retailers of all industries are gearing up for their back to school sales. During the upcoming weeks, parents of school-age children will start hunting for discounts, deals, and special promotions that will give them the biggest back-to-school bang for their buck. And they're not alone. College-age students will soon begin splurging on everything from laptop computers to crates full of ramen noodle soup.
Posted in Uncategorized on Jul 29, 2021
Did you miss our articles this month? Throughout July, FTx brought informative articles to our subscribers, covering helpful topics such as how to improve employee engagement and retention, how to increase sales at your small business, how to enable your Point-of-Sale system to shift into Offline Mode, and what the future holds for the retail industry.
Posted in pos suite on Jun 10, 2021
Grocery stores will always be around. The vast majority of consumers rely on in-store grocery shopping for their produce, fruit, meat, packaged food items, household cleaning products, seasonal decorations, and even their specialty cakes for birthdays and holidays. For this reason, grocery stores simply cannot be replaced. They are a primary staple of daily life.
Posted in pos suite on May 27, 2021
Are you planning on opening a tobacco store? Or are you already managing a smoke shop? Tobacco retailers face unique challenges that retail businesses in other industries never have to think about...
Posted in pos suite on May 06, 2021
Surprisingly, over half of all single-store retailers do not have computerized Point-of-Sale systems in place at their locations.
Posted in pos suite on Apr 15, 2021
"CRM" stands for "customer relationship management". In a nutshell, customer relationship management is a process, or set of processes, that a business uses to interact with customers for the purposes of generating and finalizing sales. The abbreviation "CRM" typically implies the actual software solution a business is utilizing in order to organize, automate, and implement every interaction it has with customers.
Posted in pos suite on Apr 08, 2021
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and the government-enforced lockdowns that resulted, the alcohol industry was booming. Back in 2018, liquor store sales represented 47% of all alcohol sales, totaling roughly $113 billion. The remaining 53% of liquor sales belonged to restaurants, bars, and other on-premise businesses, earning $147 billion in that year alone. These figures are according to Forbes, published in their April 2020 online magazine.
Posted in pos suite on Mar 04, 2021
If you own a retail store, then you're aware that in-store promotional displays encourage sales. Shoppers often act on deals and special sales when promotions are prominently displayed, especially at the checkout registers. These last-minute purchases are referred to as impulse sales.
For businesses of all industries, the lifeblood of daily operations will always be the hardware and software used. Whether you're running a national fast food chain, managing a warehouse or multi-location distribution center, or simply opening your first retail store, as a business owner it's imperative that you choose the best technical gear and I.T. systems in order to function efficiently.
A waiter at a restaurant suggests his customers order a pitcher of lemonade instead of individual glasses. A bookstore manager recommends a sequel title when a shopper purchases a popular novel. An airline agent offers an upgrade from coach to first class for a fraction of the usual cost. These are all real-world examples of upselling.
Pets have places to go and people to see! Just ask any pet owner and they’ll tell you the same! Sure, for the most part, a person’s cat hangs around the house and their dog doesn’t go beyond the backyard, but that doesn’t mean that these domesticated furry friends never travel far and wide with their protective owner. In fact, people bring their pets along in travel an average of three times a year. That’s a lot of travel especially if you calculate it in dog years!
Your business can’t afford to pass up the opportunity to make a bigger sale at the register. Customers are already buying, and it’s usually the last opportunity you have to sell them before they leave the store. So, how do you upsell your customers?